Role: Head of Marketing
If you’re interested in the role, please send through your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and join a fast-growing Shoreditch-based food-tech startup as we expand from 3 cities to nationwide. We’re looking for someone to lead our marketing efforts and help accelerate our growth.
CityMunch is changing the way we eat out. We connect independent restaurants and food trucks with hungry people around them, through real-time discounts. Restaurants can instantly communicate food offers to new and existing customers, filling up empty seats, reducing food waste, and keeping kitchens humming.
In our short history we have:
• Launched in London, Bristol and Bath with 270 restaurant partners and 20,000 downloads
• Raised a round of crowdfunding on Seedrs
• Been the first startup selected for Just Eat’s food-tech startup accelerator program
*…AND, we’ve been called “the app that’s changing the way we use restaurants” by the Telegraph 🙂
Now, we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for the restaurant industry to head up our consumer marketing efforts and help us grow, working closely with the CEO and rest of the core team, based in Google’s Campus London.
Amongst other things, we need you to:
• Develop a deep understanding of our customer base and how to communicate with them
• Organise promotions and offline events in conjunction with our restaurants
• Identify what marketing channels are most successful for us, then use them effectively
• Work directly with local media, food bloggers and other influencers to expand our reach
• Have 2+ years experience in marketing, preferably with a strong consumer focus in a startup environment
• Have confidence and charisma, to help build strong relationships with partner restaurants, media, and others
• Have immense drive, think like an entrepreneur, and want to work in a startup
• Be an excellent communicator with superb written and spoken English
• Have an eye for good design, and have the hard-skills to create materials like flyers (experience with tools like Adobe Creative Suite is a huge bonus)
• Have some digital experience with PPC platforms, especially Facebook ads
• Have a track record of growing consumer-focused products
• Love food
• A competitive salary with a meaningful equity stake
• A fast-paced, collaborative environment, with quick decision-making and a flat hierarchy
• Offices at TechHub @ Google Campus next to Old Street station
• A hard-working, fun-loving culture!