Role: full stack developer
If you’re interested in the role, please send through your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and join a fast-growing Shoreditch-based food-tech startup as we expand from 3 cities to nationwide. We’re looking for someone to be developer #2 and help make our product the best thing that’s ever happened to the restaurant marketing industry.
CityMunch is changing the way we eat out. We connect independent restaurants and food trucks with hungry people around them, through real-time discounts. Restaurants can instantly communicate food offers to new and existing customers, filling up empty seats, reducing food waste, and keeping kitchens humming.
In our short history we have:
- Launched in London, Bristol and Manchester with hundreds of restaurant partners and 35,000 downloads
- Raised a round of crowdfunding on Seedrs
- Been the first startup selected for Just Eat’s food-tech startup accelerator program
- …AND, we’ve been called “the app that’s changing the way we use restaurants” by the Telegraph 🙂
Now, we’re looking for a passionate developer to help us through the next iterations of our product, which includes new features and a (really cool) data platform. We’re currently based in Google’s Campus London.
Amongst other things, we need you to:
- Build new features in response to restaurant feedback on what they want to see — there’s a lot in the pipeline. For example, now that restaurant staff understand CityMunch, we can use vouchers as creative consumer incentives — “give us some detailed feedback and demographic information and we’ll give you a 50% discount or free meal”.
- Make CityMunch be so much more than just a directory of offers — our end goal is to be able to tell restaurants: “it’s just started raining and there are 350 hungry consumers nearby — a quick-service Vietnamese place like yourself can attract 32 new customers in the next 90 minutes by putting on a 50% discount”. Dynamic pricing can revolutionize the restaurant industry, like it did for hotels and airlines decades ago.
- Integrate with other apps who want to put our offers into their own apps — we want to be *the* central offers database, and allow other companies to take our offers and put them in their own apps.
- Love tech and the startup world.
- Be analytical and use data to infer success/failure. Ideally, you will have built business intelligence tools before.
- Have a eye for what makes a design sexy and intuitive, or dull and confusing.
- Experience working in the food/restaurant industry is a bonus!
- A competitive salary and equity
- A fast-paced, collaborative environment, with quick decision-making and a flat hierarchy
- Offices at TechHub @ Google Campus next to Old Street station
- A hard-working, fun-loving, not-too-serious culture!