CityMunch Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). The Act sets out a number of important principles that organisations must apply when processing personal data. For more information see .
2. Ways that we collect information
We may collect and process the following personal information or data (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you:
- Certain information required to use our services including (but not limited to) your name, age or age group, gender and email address.
- IP addresses and other electronic identifiers.
- Your location if you use our App.
- A record of any correspondence between you and us.
- Information we may require from you when you report a problem or complaint.
- Any other information that you provide to us.
- We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us. You do not have to supply any personal information to us but you may not be able to use our Services without providing certain information.
- Information may also be gathered when you use our services without you actively providing it, through the use of various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies.
- An IP address is a number assigned to your mobile device by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and to administer and improve the site.
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with our services (for example we will need to know your location to show you restaurants in the local area);
- provide targeted offers and vouchers to you;
- assist in making general improvements to our services;
- carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- contact you and notify you about changes to our services or new services we offer (except where you have asked us not to do this);
- analyse how our services are used;
- provide you with targeted advertisements and notifications.
In addition to the uses set out in clause 3.1, we may anonymise the data we collect (i.e. we may remove names, addresses and personal phone numbers), aggregate the data and provide information and reports to participating restaurants and third parties about our users. When we do this we will not disclose your personal information.
4. Sharing your information
We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- in order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our services that may apply;
- we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of CityMunch Ltd, our customers, or any other third parties
- we may disclose anonymised and aggregated data as explained in paragraph 3.2 above.
- Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We have security procedures in place to protect our customer database from loss and misuse, and only allow access to it when absolutely necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within it. The App and the CityMunch website may contain links to third party services such as websites. We are only responsible for the privacy practices on the app. We recommend that you check the privacy statements of each and every other web site that you visit.
6. Access to and correction of personal information
We will take all reasonable steps in accordance with our legal obligations to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you wish to see details of any personal information that we hold about you please contact us by way of our contact page.
7. Other websites
8. Transferring your information outside of Europe
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the EU in the manner described above.
10. Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by emailing email@example.com.